French 2010 Readers Poll Choose MAdM!

Thanks to Martial Gille on Facebook, it was brought to my attention that the French people voted me #3 Artist of the Year 2010 in ROCK N’ FOLK magazine – just below ROBERT FUCKING PLANT ZEPLIN! what an absolute honor. despite my lack of muscle in the management, label and business divisions on this last OOOM chapter, the listeners, both music journalists and music fans, have been more supportive and receptive of my work and music than ever before!!! this is a sign of being on the right path. YOU are the ones who know, the ones who bring the music home, into your personal lives and homes, who allow me to be part of the soundtrack of your lives. THANK YOU very very very much for this.

it has been a very hard couple of years of reinventing and searching for the answers to these haunting questions:
“how do i continue to make music with my life”
“how do i learn to run a business that is built on emotional honesty and artistic integrity, NOT on business”
“how do i survive these changing times”
“how does a woman grow into maturity in both her personal and creative life”
“how do they fit together? how do the wrestle with one another?”
“how does a woman in the arts age gracefully and remain relevant to the public”
“where are my role models”
“how can we join together to lend wisdom and support one another”

i don’t expect you know the answers, i know i will find them out as i go, and will document them in many forms. my blog, my music, my visual work, my relationships, my projects and in the way i live my life. may we learn from one another.

thanks for stopping by virtual home today,

merci au FRANCAIS & ROCK N’ FOLK for your support x o x o x

M

Tags:  ,

7 Responses to “French 2010 Readers Poll Choose MAdM!”

1. Loffa says:

YOU are amazing, Melissa! You can do anything you set your mind to! I wish I could support your work in many more ways than I do! <3

2. unfolias says:

Hi Melissa, since you helped me so much with your music, I thought I should do it too!

“how do i continue to make music with my life” You’ll keep on doing music because music is your life and it guides you on the right path! And we, your followers, follow the path into your heart. Remember this: Inspiration is hard to find, but we can help you finding some!

“how do i survive these changing times” You’ve already survived Mel, going into the 21st century forced you to maintain an connection with your fans through the Internet!

“where are my role models” Even if you don’t have any role models, your work will still be the same. You’ll do what you want to do, not what others are doing. You’re one of those rare artists that have done a album, video and comic. Bless you for your imagination!

So my question now is: What is your next move? You know, i got the solution. Likewise Ustream there’s Vokle (www.vokle.com) and it ables you to interact more with us (you can see and hear the fans too!). Maybe we’ll give you the inspiration for your next move. Who knows?

Thank you for who you are, Zé Portugal

3. Mariano says:

You are worried about aging gracefully?!?!?!?

This is a fact: MAdM is a like good wine, it only gets better with time.

And not just physically. You’re evolving as an artist year after year. Can’t you see it? As long as you stay true to yourself (and I’m guessing that’s not a problem in your case), you just can’t go wrong.

Congratulations! BE PROUD!

4. Leti'Cherie says:

We follow you !! When will you come in France for some concerts like Lyon or Clermont-Ferrand ?

Be proud of that ! France likes you !

5. It is lovely to see that your love for the music can be shared with people all over the world. And you can see this love flowing and being respond everywhere. Can you see it, Melissa? It’s not only your fans saying that you’re doing a great job, it’s also God saying that you’re on the right path.

Keep rocking =D

6. patricia says:

I’ve learned a lot from you over the years of following your music and words here on this journal. Thank you for continuing to create great songs and they are the soundtrack to our lives, what a great way to put it. You are inspiring not only in your music but in your blogs and photos and everything you put out there! Thank you!

7. David says:

Reading these words you wrote and after seeing you in Paris, I’m pretty sure that it´s a way of making life simply ‘magical’. I respect your work, I respect you. Bien sûr¡